Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bacon, The Karmic Equalizer...

I burned myself last night making dinner... I had a pan fresh out of the oven in my potholdered hand, then I grabbed it with my un-potholdered hand. I really just burnt the side of my middle finger, it hurt, but it is not serious. But I thought, Damn that really hurt.

So, this morning I was making some bacon (telling myself that I could have some for breakfast because I was really just making it to crumble on top of spinach tonight and that I might as well cook all six slices), which quickly evolved into a bacon, egg and provolone toasted sandwich. As I was assembling the sandwich in the freaking hot pan - SIZZLE. Yep, that'd be my wrist. Now I have a two inch long pink blister going across my wrist. Especially painful when showering or trying to use the computer keyboard or mouse.

The moral of this story? I'm not sure. But it seems that maybe the universe is trying to tell me to stop justifying the consumption of bacon. :)

2 comments:

  1. So, I just caught up on your blog here. Congrats on the weight loss! My main struggle is late night eating, and I grudgingly thank God often that they don't sell Bluebell up here. Anyway, I wanted to commiserate with your burn. I was cooking scallops once about 4 yrs ago, and had read that the best way to cook them evenly all at once was to "flip" a plate full of them over into the pan. I guess I had too much boiling hot oil in the pan, because it literally splashed all over my left forearm. I had to wear a bandage because it was so offensive looking. It was awful! The good news is that vitamin E oil works, and you can barely see the scars now except when I get a little sun. Also, Shahr got a tummy tuck after 2 C-sections, and she's now a size 4. Just food for thought. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! The bacon does seem to be punishing you for craving it's delicious crispness.

    But who can resist an occasional bacon indulgence?

    Well, plenty of people actually, but I'm not one of them. Every now and then... it must be bacon!

    ReplyDelete