Friday, March 20, 2009

I Am So Proud of Me!

So, I have to brag on myself just a little bit... after today, I will have exercised for FIVE, count'em, FIVE days in a row. Yowza. I am still in a bit of shock.

How long have I been doing this? Struggling with the weight... the body image... since junior high, I guess. Now I look back at pics from high school, when I thought I was a tub of lard, and think "wow, I was kinda hot." I am not trying to get back to the high school weight - I am a realist after all. I am done with diet books, protein shakes and all that mumbo jumbo - irrational programs that do not help sustain weight loss or a healthy life.

My brain is finally firing appropriately... I must exercise almost every day... it is a requirement, like taking shower and brushing my teeth. I must not eat just because it tastes good, because I am stressed out, because there is a tub of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla in the freezer... :)

I still have a ways to go (like, 22 pounds), but I've already lost 10. So really, I'm a third of the way to my goal.

AND I got to move three pairs of jeans and one shirt from the "too small" rack of my closet to the "it fits" rack of my closet. Yay!!

Even when I am done, my stomach will still look like a melted candle from having three c-sections, but perhaps if I am a good girl I can get a tummy tuck for my 34th birthday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment