Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Perfect Saturday Afternoon

I am not usually all "whiskers on kittens", but when I have a nice day (or few hours for that matter), I feel the need to share.

This past Saturday, it was just me, Mr. Fix-It and The Cheerleader. After a morning of shooing away The Cheerleader's slumber party friends, a harrowing trip to Wal-Mart (which is a whole other post) and various other small shopping trips, we settled into a harmonious Saturday afternoon.

Mr. Fix-It assembled the newly purchased futon for the children's play area and put plywood down in the attic for storage purposes... something he has been trying to do for several weeks. The Cheerleader stayed upstairs and amused herself (I am still trying to get over that). I stayed in the kitchen for hours... listening to our music collection on random, singing at the top of my lungs, making guacamole, chopping various veggies for dinner on Sunday night and preparing the side dishes to accompany a delicious medium-rare ribeye steak cooked perfectly by Mr. Fix-It. I even made a mushroom cream sauce to top the steak without using cream. That's right people... I made a roux with flour and butter and then added milk to make a sauce. Giada would be proud.

Sometimes it is the simplest things in life that make me happy...

No comments:

Post a Comment